Figuring out what’s going on with your garage door can go a long way in keeping it in tiptop shape. Think about how many times it opens and closes every day and this will seem apparent. The more quickly you figure out what the problem is and take care of it, the less damage. Plus, it will save you money down the road.
Garage Door Only Closes when Holding Button & Other Problems
1. Garage door opener won’t work. This is very common and luckily an easy fix. Chain or drive-screw door openers will not work correctly if they aren’t lubricated properly. Applying lubrication will reduce friction.
2. Garage door remote is broken. The first thing you’ll need to check is the batteries. Are they positioned correctly or are they dead? If the batteries seem fine and you’re still having issues, you may need to reprogram it.
3. Strange garage door noises. Strange noises can be caused by loose hardware, shoddy parts or squeaky sections and usually means more lubrication is needed.
4. Garage door opens a little and then closes immediately. This is an indication that the springs at the top of the door need replacement. You will only need to replace broken ones if the garage door springs have been replaced in the last three years. Although may pros will tell you that its best to replace all springs at the same time.
5. Garage door shuts and then opens immediately. This is an indication that the alignment of the photo-eyes of your garage door are out of alignment. The photo-eyes are there for safety purposes. A flashing green light on the device will let you know if it’s working properly.
6. Garage door opener is unresponsive. This may also be caused by the photo-eyes. If the green light isn’t there, you can locate the breaker for it in the breaker panel and try turning it off and on again.
7. Garage door cracks or gaps. Cracks are more common with wood garage doors. You can keep cracks from getting worse by using a waterproof filler to seal any to fill the cracks.
8. Cracked or broken weather sealant. The purpose of weather sealant is to keep water out, seal air leaks and reduce street noise. If you notice cracks in the weather sealant you will need to remove it and install a new one.
9. Garage door won’t seal all the way to the bottom. You will need to use some pipe insulation to make sure your door seals properly.
10. Rust formation on garage door. Not only is rust formation unsightly, it can be damaging. Rust formation can compromise your door’s ability to lock out dirt and other elements. Clean rust and take steps to prevent it in the future.
Garage Door Repair & Maintenance Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
Garage door repairs and annual maintenance are important to keep your garage door in good condition all year round. There are things you can do as a homeowner and others that should be taken care of by professionals. Contact the experts at United Garage Door Company to ensure problems are taken care of properly and safely.