When it comes to the garage door, there are many parts that contribute to its operation and design. With all the varying stationary and moving parts, the electrical, mechanical, and other elements, people can expect some wear and tear. Taking advantage of professional maintenance tune-ups and inspections services can help you reduce a lot of the need for repairs, but the issues can still develop. Today, we at All American Garage Door Repair would like to elaborate on a few of the more dominant parts and the common issues that occur.
Troubleshooting Garage Door Problems
1) Garage Door Hinges: The hinges connect the sections of the door together to allow the door to flex and move. These hinges will eventually dry out and will require lube to avoid getting cracked and broken or develop other issues.
2) Garage Door Opener: Where the garage door opener has evolved over the years, they have become high-tech and be involved with a lot of features such as interconnected to the WIFI and ability to be monitored and controlled through your smart-phone, laptop, tablet, computer, and other such devices. The batteries could simply need replacing, or a number of other issues could be at hand, and the wiring could be worn.
3) Garage Door Sensors: There are safety sensors that communicate with the garage door opener on either side of the door near the floor. One of the sensors emits the laser where the other receives it. In the event that something blocks the line of the laser so that it can’t reach the receiving sensor, most are programmed to retract as the garage door will close. If the door retracts with nothing in line of the sensors, they typically just need a realignment.
4) Garage Door Springs: Under a considerable amount of tension, the torsion springs lift incredibly heavy door. Over time and use these springs stretch and break, and it is vital you do not do it yourself. Without the proper training and tools, leave them to the professional, these repairs are dangerous and need to be left to the professional.
5) Garage Door Tracks: Serving as the guide for the garage door to travel up and down on, the tracks are found on either side of your door and leading up to the garage ceiling. These tracks need to be cleaned out from the dirt and debris that settles there as well lubricated from time to time. They will also need to be inspected for damage to ensure they are working efficiently.
6) Bottom Garage Door Seal: Acting as a cushion for when the door closes, the seal on the bottom of the garage door is the weather stripping, and it allows for proper fit for a closed door and to keep pests and weather out. The rubber seal looks dry, brittle, cracks and can become damaged. If the seal becomes damaged, the HVAC system falls, permits pests from coming in, dust and debris can blow in. A quick replacement is all that is needed.
7) Garage Door Panels & Sections: If a vehicle runs into the closed door or sports game or children run into the door with enough force, the door panels and sections can become easily damaged. Panels will need a replacement.
Garage Door Repair, Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
When you find the need for repairs or maintenance for your garage door, call in the experts of All American Garage Door Repair and let us take care of your garage door’s needs.